While applying for a scholarship program, several things are obligatory to submit with the application form. All these things can enhance the winning chances and make your application withstand, among others. In the same way, a scholarship request letter also plays a crucial role in the scholarship selection process. Therefore, it has to be extra perfect and impactful to wow the hiring committee.
What is a Scholarship Request Letter?
It is a letter in which a candidate requests the authorities to grant him financial aid via a scholarship program. Additionally, the candidate also talks about his academic achievements and qualifications in the scholarship request letter. All such points prove him a potential yet deserving candidate for the applied scholarship program.
How to write a Scholarship Request Letter?
Indeed, writing a scholarship request letter for a scholarship program is tedious and hectic. But no worries as we are here with all your answers. In this article, we will share some beneficial writing tips for an impactful scholarship request letter.
- Write a catchy Introduction:
No one is interested in reading long paragraphs and irrelevant sentences. Hence, an applicant must write an introduction that catches the reader’s attention from the beginning of the letter.
Here, you can write;
- The reason behind applying for this scholarship.
- Mention the name of the scholarship.
- Mention the qualities (not more than four) and qualifications you have.
- Discuss your goals:
- After getting done with the introduction, move on to the next paragraph.
- Here you will talk about your short and long-term goals.
- State the reasons that make you an eligible candidate for the applied scholarship program.
- And write the need to get this scholarship.
- Be specific about Scholarship funds:
- While mentioning the scholarship amount, be very specific.
- If you need a few amounts to meet your need, then write the exact figure.
- However, if you cannot afford the tuition fees fully, write it accordingly to avoid any confusion.
- Show the gratitude in conclusion:
While concluding the scholarship request letter, show your manners and gratitude to the authorities for providing this golden opportunity to the eligible candidates.
Things to keep in mind while writing a Scholarship Request Letter:
- Always direct the letter to the chairperson of the scholarship committee.
- Use formal language.
- Be concise and to the point.
- Avoid grammatical errors.
- Do not lie about your academic achievements.
- Use a formal email address for sending a letter.
- Go for proofreading before sending it.
- Keep copies of these letters and other documents.
Scholarship Request Template:
[Name of scholarship provider],
Subject: [Scholarship Request Letter]
Write your information, name of scholarship, where you find it, and your academic qualifications.
Discuss your abilities and skills that prove you are a deserving candidate. Also, write your career planning.
Discuss why you need the scholarship grant.
It will be about the funds you need to complete your education.
It should end on a happy and positive note with praise.