Everyone is aware that the government of Turkey is playing a tremendous role in the field of education by offering various scholarships to underprivileged yet deserving students from all over the world. Their motive is to give free education to eligible candidates who cannot afford their high education due to the financial crisis. But all thanks to Turkish scholarship programs, students can study at renowned Turkish universities free of cost.
These Turkish scholarship programs are available in different disciplines at undergrad, postgrad, and doctoral degree levels. In the same way, all the interested candidates with a passion for serving humanity can apply for scholarships in medicine and healthcare. Dozens of programs come under healthcare and medicine, like Dentistry, MBBS, Nursing, Pharmacy, Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics, Biogenetics, etc.
All you need is to apply for a scholarship in any chosen program and start your educational journey in one of the prestigious Turkish universities.
Top 5 Turkish Universities for Medical Degrees:
Some of the best universities in Turkey offering different medical courses at affordable tuition fees are the following;
#1 Istanbul Altinbas University:
- It is famous for offering Medicine (bachelor) and Pharmacy degree programs.
- Cost of program:
- 13228 Euros —> Pharmacy.
- 22,046 Euros —> MBBS.
- However, the duration of a Pharmacy degree is five years.
- Meanwhile, MBBS is a five to six years degree program.
- At this university, the students will get a chance to relate theoretical work with practical application.
#2 Okan University:
- Get a degree in Medicine or Dentistry from this reputable university located in Istanbul.
- Students enrolled in Dentistry will get a chance to learn professional proficiency and the newest technology applied to dental procedures.
- However, medical students will polish their skills in histology, pathology, and physiology.
- The Dentistry here is a five-year program with 16755 Euros tuition fees.
- On the other hand, Medicine is a six-year program with Euro 19401 as tuition fees.
#3 Yeditepe University:
- One of the reputable universities of Turkey, Istanbul, is offering a degree in Pharmacy Genetics, and Bioengineering.
- Both fields have their values in the market.
- Studying Pharmacy for 5 years at 13228 Euros allows you to help people by changing their lifestyles and making them healthy and fit.
- However, in Genetics and Bioengineering, the students will learn about human genomes and biological domains.
- This university is also offering a degree in Gastronomy and Culinary Arts.
- Along with this, students interested in Biomedical engineering can also be admitted here.
- On the other hand, students who want to build their careers in Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy can apply for these courses at this university.
#4 Near East University:
- It has so many medical courses to offer like;
- Veterinary medicine.
- Nutrition and Dietetics.
- The fee charges, and duration of the degree program, vary as per the courses.
- However, this university is the only faculty of Veterinary medicine in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
#5 Izmir University of Economics:
- A well-known university in the city of Izmir.
- Famous for its variety of educational programs in the field of medicine;
- Biomedical Engineering
- Health Management
- Food Engineering
- This university is offering a bachelor’s degree in the above medical programs at variant tuition fees.
- All international yet local students can apply here to make their dreams come true.
Here is a list of some famous Turkish universities offering numerous medical programs at the undergraduate level. But the list does not end here. There are several other Turkish institutions where students can complete their medical degrees.