Leave Application Letter Sample, Template, Re-useable Examples
How to Write a Leave Application Letter Professionally?
A leave application is a formal request for a break from work for a certain amount of time. You can communicate your reason behind the leave to your supervisor in a number of ways. Many businesses now use the digital leave application data format.
It is critical to creating a leave application email to avoid any misunderstandings that may occur as a result of your absence from work. This will also give your company enough time to find a suitable replacement for the time you will be absent. As a result, work continues even if you are not present.
Types of a leave letter:
There are two types of leave applications:
- Letter Format
- E-Mail Format (The digital format)
Since we live in a digital world, the email method is more preferred but in this essay, we will guide you through both formats. The most important and utmost things to mention in any letter are there:
The following are some of the most critical items to include in your leave application:
- The application’s purpose (subject)
- The reason for the absence
- The dates you are going to be away from work,
- The date you plan to return back to work,
- An offer to provide assistance, if feasible,
- Plan your work schedule while you’re away.
- Signature and contact information
Letter Application Letter Format:
Cite the following things in your professional leave application letter:
- Include the name and address of the person to whom the letter is addressed.
- Subject Title: Include the phrase “Leave Application” in the subject line, along with any other pertinent information (If required)
- Add the name of the recipient to the salutation. If you need to identify someone, only use their first name.
- The Letter’s Body: You must mention the reason for your absence, the length of your absence, the name of the colleague who will keep an eye on your work, and your point of contact (mode and time availability)
- Conclude by saying thank you for taking the time to read this.
- End it with a formal closing by leaving your full name, job position or department, date, and signature.
Email Leave Application Format:
The format is pretty much the same the only difference is that you do not have to put in any signature at the end.
Emergency leave application:
Emergency leave is necessary to deal with unforeseen situations, such as the death of a family member. You can take an emergency leave if you have a major operation, and accident-related life-threatening injury, Paying a visit to a close relative who is terminally ill, or if someone closely related passed away.
Do’s and Don’ts while writing a leave application letter
It’s critical to make the greatest possible request for your leave. The recommendations below will assist you in writing a successful, professional, and respectful letter. You should give the notice of your leave beforehand. It takes time to arrange cover for your job and to deal with your employer’s leave-related regulations.
Numerous employees are entitled to unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act to deal with medical ailments and family requirements, such as childbirth or adoption, or circumstances linked to a family member’s active military service. It depends on the criteria of the company you work in.
Sample of Leave Application Letter
Your City, State Zip Code,
Your Phone Number.
City, State Zip Code.
Dear Mr./Ms. [Last Name]:
This letter is a formal request for requesting a leave of absence, to follow up on our meeting yesterday. As we discussed, I would like to request a leave of absence from November 31, 2022, through January 30, 2022.
If approved, I would be glad to help with a plan to cover my workload in my absence. I would also be available to answer questions and provide assistance while I am away.
I will return back to work on January 2, 2022.
Please let me know whether you require any further information or have any questions. Thank you very much for your consideration in affording me this opportunity and for taking out the time to read it.